Skip to main content

Vistors From Outer Space Helping Libertarians?



(Reposting of Lesson 33 from Course in Political Miracles.)

To this point in these lessons I have been opening myself up spiritually and developing certain mind-sets and habits which benefit me in the political realm. I have not yet fully considered whether by focusing on politics to such a degree I am "selling my soul to the devil".

In other words, what if in a manner of speaking my real kingdom is not politics and by focusing on politics I am distracting my attention from my real kingdom?

Probably I would not have progressed this far in these lessons if politics was a distraction to me, because the first few lessons would have "weeded me out" of politics and pointed me toward some endeavor my heart and mind could be fully into. Nonetheless, it benefits me to ask and have a clear answer to the question: would one's deepest spirit, one's innermost being, guide one to be involved in politics?

Perhaps the best way to answer this question is to play a game of pretend, pretending that we are not alone in the universe and in fact there are beings infinitely more intelligent than earthlings.

Being infinitely more intelligent than earthlings, these beings would have advanced far beyond ego-vested interests such as conquering others or ruling others. They would in fact be interested in raising the level of consciousness of every being on all planets and eliminating pain, fear and guilt in all the universe.

To the extent that such advanced beings could influence earthlings, they would influence earthlings to love rather than fear, be at peace rather than war, and establish political systems based on universal principles rather than the ego-vested interests of some group or collection of groups.

In other words, if politicians and political activists of the past have served "the devil" so to speak, or the worst in mankind, this does not mean that politicians or activists of the future cannot serve the best in the universe.

This week I remind myself that I am active in politics for one reason only: to serve the light.

Each day I use my awakening meditation to see myself serving the highest in the universe. I visualize the light of a brighter consciousness than my own and I say aloud to myself several times over:

"I am serving the highest in the universe."

As I go through my day, I repeat to myself many times over variations of this week's idea such as:

"I am in politics to serve the highest purposes."

"I live and work to serve only the light."

"I am serving higher principles than old-style politics."


As I am about to retire for the day, I feel a sense of satisfaction that I am not working for the narrow interests of one group or another, but rather for the highest principles in the universe. I say a few times to myself:

"I'm about as happy as I can be! I'm serving EVERYONE by serving only the light!"





The device which even more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.




Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarian Mantra Exposes Obama Cruelty

President Obama has no choice but to offer you up as a sacrifice to his god.  His worship of the illusion that there can be a "common good" for society which transcends the good of individuals in the society demands your sacrifice. Yet libertarians fiddle. Are you amazed that libertarians blab about marijuana while the economy of the entire world is crashing?  Are you astounded that libertarians nit-pick about bedroom issues while the entire populace is being reduced to slavery?   Many libertarians spend their time forever addressing puny little issues which (a) make them look to the public like petty teenagers, and (b) serve only to side-track the public’s thought from an infinitely more important underlying truth. Okay, let's suppose you want to do some real good for the libertarian cause.  How about addressing  the one and only truly meaningful issue?  Maybe a little story would illustrate what libertarians should be talking about. One upon a time there was a

Ayn Rand and Jesus Christ: Deep Similarities

Ayn Rand's intellectual genius was great, but far greater still was her willingness to tune in to her spirit, feel her spirit, live by her spirit, and write from her spirit. Her spirit has moved millions. "When I studied Atlas Shrugged I was inspired to change the direction of my life totally. I literally owe my life to Ayn Rand." How many times have we heard a statement such as this? The quality in a fictional work which can change someone's life so dramatically is not the intellectualism of the work, but the spiritual foundation on which the intellectualism is built. Intellectualism without a spiritual base is a painful torture which ultimately leads to terror and death, as Ayn Rand so perfectly illustrated with her fictional characters. But intellectualism which arises out of being in touch with one's spirit is a very different story, as those of us know who have read Atlas Shrugged . Ayn Rand's heroes are fond of saying their antagonists are "mindles

Ron Paul is Wrong; Mitt Romney is Right!

"Ron Paul does not believe we went into Iraq because of 9/11. But Mitt Romney obviously believes we did. So who’s right?" ~Gary Benoit The strained arguments of some libertarians that Dwight Eisenhower is somehow responsible for the 9/11 attack in New York is equivalent to arguing that President James Buchanan was responsible for the Mountain Meadows Massacre of the Baker-Fancher emigrant party on 9/11 in Utah. It is truth in the sense we are all responsible for everything in our world. This is a very valuable truth, wouldn't you say? The twisted leftist argument is that Islamic Jihadists would not have declared war on Western societies if it hadn't been for Western government policies reaching back through the years. But anyone who studies the Koran knows this argument is bullshit. The Koran demands that war be waged on "infidels" until everyone on earth is either converted to Islam, enslaved by Islamists, or killed. Mitt Romney is right. The United States