Skip to main content

Why Did Ron Paul Do So Good In Iowa?


Why is Ron Paul so successful in spreading the libertarian message? Maybe it's because he lives the second lesson of the Course in Political Miracles:

"Nothing comes easily if I hold in my mind contradictory desires."

The law of non-contradiction works powerfully in my mind. If I desire one thing while at the same time desiring a second thing which ultimately contradicts the first, then my mind is split and serves both goals, creating neither very quickly, and maybe sabotaging the achievement of both.

Contradictory desires rob me of my potential, not because it is sinful or evil to hold conflicting goals, but because I cannot desire with my whole being a goal and its antithesis.

I know I cannot eat my cake and still have it. But I may not be aware of how many ultimately contradictory goals I hold in my mind. This week I will search my mind for goals which are ultimately contradictory.

How many people do I know who speak glowingly about political freedom but then turn around and support some form of government activism? Are they pretending their goals are compatible? If so, why haven't they looked deep enough to see the contradiction?

Am I doing this with any of my goals? Are my goals really, really, really compatible? Or am I kidding myself?

During this week, as my temporary goals come to mind one by one I will ask myself this question:

"If I could have the one thing I really, really, REALLY want ... would this other temporary goal I am supporting continue to be a goal I would hold onto?"

For example, if my ultimate political goal is a social structure which reflects the freedom of my spirit, then would I continue supporting government activities other than the simple protection of citizens and their property?

Or if my goal as a political activist is the simple protection of citizens and their property, would I continue to support a law which relies on the immoral act of extorting money or property from people (taxation) for its purposes.

Or if my goal as a politician is the elimination of involuntary servitude, would I continue spending a great amount of time and energy attempting to make a taxation-supported government more efficient?

What temporary goals am I pursuing which contradict my ultimate goals?

Every morning this week as I waken to a new day, I remind myself:

"Today I make my life simple by not pursuing desires which ultimately contradict my deepest, truest goals."

Also, as I go through each day, I take a moment every hour to close my eyes and repeat to myself a few times:

"Let me keep in mind what I really, really, REALLY want."

Then 3 or 4 times during the day, I close my eyes for 5 whole minutes and repeat to myself today's lesson:

"Nothing comes easily if I hold in mind contradictory desires."

At the end of each day I give myself a few moments of pleasure by remembering how good it feels when I let go of contradictory goals in order to fully pursue my deepest, truest goal. I might even say to myself before I go to sleep:

"This is fun ... creating what I REALLY want."


To understand the evil psychology of modern "liberal progressives," read Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged"





"God's laws will keep your minds at peace, because peace IS His Will, and His laws are established to uphold it. His are the laws of freedom, but yours are the laws of bondage. Since freedom and bondage are irreconcilable, their laws CANNOT BE UNDERSTOOD TOGETHER. The laws of God work only for your good, and there ARE no other laws beside His. Everything else is merely lawLESS, and therefore chaotic." -Jesus Christ in A Course in Miracles


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ron Paul is Wrong; Mitt Romney is Right!

"Ron Paul does not believe we went into Iraq because of 9/11. But Mitt Romney obviously believes we did. So who’s right?" ~Gary Benoit The strained arguments of some libertarians that Dwight Eisenhower is somehow responsible for the 9/11 attack in New York is equivalent to arguing that President James Buchanan was responsible for the Mountain Meadows Massacre of the Baker-Fancher emigrant party on 9/11 in Utah. It is truth in the sense we are all responsible for everything in our world. This is a very valuable truth, wouldn't you say? The twisted leftist argument is that Islamic Jihadists would not have declared war on Western societies if it hadn't been for Western government policies reaching back through the years. But anyone who studies the Koran knows this argument is bullshit. The Koran demands that war be waged on "infidels" until everyone on earth is either converted to Islam, enslaved by Islamists, or killed. Mitt Romney is right. The United States

Is Sarah Palin's Joy Ayn Rand's Ideal?

Lesson 50: "I join Ayn Rand, educating spiritually." Government worshippers are in control of most universities, virtually every public school system, and almost every major media market. The general public has been thoroughly brainwashed to believe that if there is a problem, or the illusion of a problem, government solutions are the answer ... a new government program, a new government bureaucracy, more power to government. Because almost all avenues of education and information have been under the control of government worshippers, the vast majority of people are stuck in thinking habits which will never for long periods of time serve liberty. Because people's underlying thinking habits will rise to the surface again and again, any libertarian political victory can only be short-lived ... unless people's underlying way of thinking is changed. As much as I might hate to admit it, thorough re-education of the public cannot not be a number one priority for libertaria

Libertarian Mantra Exposes Obama Cruelty

President Obama has no choice but to offer you up as a sacrifice to his god.  His worship of the illusion that there can be a "common good" for society which transcends the good of individuals in the society demands your sacrifice. Yet libertarians fiddle. Are you amazed that libertarians blab about marijuana while the economy of the entire world is crashing?  Are you astounded that libertarians nit-pick about bedroom issues while the entire populace is being reduced to slavery?   Many libertarians spend their time forever addressing puny little issues which (a) make them look to the public like petty teenagers, and (b) serve only to side-track the public’s thought from an infinitely more important underlying truth. Okay, let's suppose you want to do some real good for the libertarian cause.  How about addressing  the one and only truly meaningful issue?  Maybe a little story would illustrate what libertarians should be talking about. One upon a time there was a